- Update your CV and fully proof read it before you apply
- Study the EY Ireland Careers website as much as you can before you apply. In particular check out the undergraduate programme page, our graduate stories and of course our blogs. They’ll give you a real insight into life at EY
- Look at your skills and your career aspirations to figure out which service line and graduate programme suits you best. Want to become a Chartered Accountant? Focus on Assurance, Tax & TAS. You’ll need to make your preferred choice when applying!
- Familiarise yourself with the difference between UK & Ireland (UK&I) and Financial Services (FS/FSO). Note that Financial Services programmes are only available at our Dublin office. Read more about our Business Structure HERE
- Next up, the all-important 'Why EY?' question. This is your opportunity to really stand out. What attracted you to apply to EY? Tell us how you think EY’s different to our competitors. Be creative and think outside the box here. You could mention some of the types of clients we work with or the industries we work in, our Vision 2020 or even the professional qualifications you can work towards at EY
- So this will sound obvious but make sure to complete the application in full! We’ve seen many candidates start the application, save it as a draft and forget to actually submit it. They could be the strongest candidates but miss out because of an incomplete application
- As they say, the early bird catches the worm! We review as we go, so the sooner you get your application submitted, the sooner we can let you know if you’ve been successful and put forward to the interview stage